PLEASANTON EOC NOW OPEN
The Pleasanton Emergency Operation Center is now open to help answer questions
concerning COVID-19 closures.
The EOC will be open Monday- Friday from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm until further notice.
Governor Abbott just provided a live update. He has signed an Executive Order Effective 11:59 PM on March 20th through midnight April 3rd. Some of the takeaways from this order are as follows:
1. Executive Order authorized by GA-08 Ch. 418, Declared a Public Health Disaster in the State of Texas (The last time the state declared a health disaster was in 1901)
2. Avoid social gatherings in groups more than 10 limiting gatherings State-wide.
3. No dining in at restaurants, bars or gyms. Drive-through's at restaurants are available and encouraged.
4. No visitation at nursing homes, retirement centers or long term care facilities unless it's to provide critical assistance.
5. All schools are closed. Continuation of online learning will continue.
6. It is not a shelter place in order.
7. Domestic travel will remain unrestricted.
8. Only ask for essential employees to report to their place of work. Encourage working from home if available.
WHEN WILL THE EXECUTIVE ORDER GO IN EFFECT?
This ban goes into effect at 11:59 PM on Friday, March 20, 2020.
WILL ALL RESTAURANTS BE CLOSED?
Most restaurants will be open, however, only drive through and curb side services will be available. No dining inside the building is allowed. Furthermore, restaurants with a mixed beverage may sell beer, wine or mixed drinks for delivery as long as they are accompanied by food purchased from the restaurant.
WILL BARS BE OPEN?
All bars will be banned from opening.
WILL GYMS BE OPEN?
Gyms will be banned from opening.
CAN I GO VISIT MY FAMILY OR FRIENDS IN NURSING HOMES OR RETIREMENT CENTERS?
No visits for any reason will be allowed.
ARE THE SCHOOLS STILL GOING TO BE CLOSED?
Yes, all schools Statewide will be closed.
CAN I STILL TRAVEL IF I NEED TO GO SOMEWHERE?
All domestic travel is okay at this time.
CAN I STILL GO TO WORK UNDER THE EXECUTIVE ORDER?
Governor Abbott urges employers to allow essential employees to report to their work place; working from home is highly encouraged.
IS THIS A SHELTER IN PLACE ORDER?
No, it is not a shelter in place order.